Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kitchen Open!

I thought it would be nice to start off with a treat and share our 4Th of July menu. My family has been growing by leaps and bounds and so has the number of Strawberry Yogurt pies I make only for the 4Th. We added some new things to our menu this year.. so let's begin.


4th of July Menu

Steak

Italian Sausage

Hot dogs

Grilled Zucchini

Grilled steak fries

Mac and Cheese

Tomato Avocado Salad

The Famous (at my house only) Yogurt Pie


First recipe I want to share it the yogurt pie.

Strawberry Yogurt Pie

This recipe makes 6 pies (I know but I am cooking in bulk!!!)

-10 60z containers of strawberry banana yogurt
-3 lbs cool whip
-4 lbs Fresh Strawberry's chopped
-6 ready made Graham Cracker Crusts



Begin by removing and cleaning lids of pies shell's. Then clean and cut your strawberries. You can cut them however you like, I slice them. Next, in a large bowl combine the yogurt and cool whip. Whip together in your kitchen-aid or with a hand held mixer.




Now fold in your strawberries. Last but not least spoon your mixture into the pie shells, cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or over night. If you want to make one pie, you would use 1 container of yogurt with 1 container of the cool whip and about a cup of chopped strawberries.




One of my favorite thing about cooking is how I get to change a recipe and make it my own. I encourage you to do the the same. I usually like to cook from scratch but when I got this recipe I had 3 growning kids and didn't have time. Now number 4 is leaving for college so it's time to step it up. The next time I make this pie I will have to make my own graham cracker crust and my own whip cream, I know it will be better. Well enough for now. Everyday this week I will try and give another recipe to our 4th of July dinner. Next will be the wonderful steak!!! It's the best "fool proof" steak ever !!! It will melt in your mouth like butter.

2 comments:

  1. I may need you to break the rules and make me strawberry pie right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Sandie! I can't wait to hear about more of your great recipes :)

    ReplyDelete