I went to the grocery store today, what a job! I can't seem to get out of the store without a full cart of food and spending way too much money!!
Before I go off on a tangent about the cost of food these days, let's get to that grilled zucchini that I promised last night.
You will need:
--2 fresh zucchini
--3/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
--1/2 cups italian bread crumbs
--1/4 cups grated cheese (I prefer asiago)
--1 tablespoon of your favorite spices mixed together
(I like to use a pinch of this and a pinch of that with the following spices):
Basil, Parsley, Crushed Red Pepper, Cumin, Nutmeg, All Spice, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dry Mustard, Paprika,Cayenne Pepper, Adobo All Pupose Seasoning, and Ancho ChilePepper.
Pre-heat grill to 500 degrees
1. Wash and dry the zucchini
2. Slice the zucchini in half then slice halves into fours and set on baking sheet
3. In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of the spice mix into the olive oil with a whisk, mix well
4. In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with grated cheese
5. Brush zucchini with seasoned olive oil mixture
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs onto the zucchini
Place the zucchini on the grill, turn each piece after a few minutes and cook till they become tender. This should take about 5 minutes. Enjoy!